FlamingPlatypusFlamingPlatypus

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats 5 Fans

Mr. Sneaks - episode 2 Mr. Sneaks - episode 2

This is amazing: style, texture, timing, audio, sense of humor, etc. I'm surprised there's not that many views yet.

Honestly the only thing I didn't like about this was a blank gap at the end of the animation. Maybe there's something wrong with how I'm viewing it, so I'm not sure. Regardless, it's not worth any deduction for my review.

I do thoroughly like the statement on cell phones, btw. Clever cartoon! 5 stars! Thanks for sharing it!

Ant0on responds:

Wow, thank you so much for the kind feedback! Really feels like a huge achievement when people have fun watching this independent stuff :)

And thank you for letting me know about the long gap at the end. Its weird since I thought I used the same file I used when uploading to youtube (without the long gap), so I didnt check the ending here after uploading.

BTW, speaking about youtube, I have more videos, so I hope you find something more you might like on my channel :)

Also, stay tuned for more soon!

[Persona 4] Animated Comic Dub (part 1) [Persona 4] Animated Comic Dub (part 1)

I have NO idea what I just watched, but for some reason I don't seem to mind being this confused about it. I'm going to watch the video it parodies after I post this review, because it made me want to follow up with investigation.

Everything about this cartoon has polish and it's undeniably adorable. The voice acting is perfect, the animation is smooth, the color palette is well chosen, and the dialogue is hilarious. Your BEST asset here, though, is your sense of comedic timing and delivery. Having the text pop up with every word was an excellent design choice, though I'm sure it's also there to reference the text elements of what it parodies.

The only thing I'd like to suggest for improvement, since this is a critique from an art student who used to collect degrees back in his day, is that the ending is cut in a strange and unfitting way; it seems sudden like it's missing something. Perhaps a simple image and some quick credits with the same music from the intro... or even something that just says "fin" or "the end" and plays a clip of music or a sound effect might be enough.

Still, that "negative" wasn't enough to reduce my 5 star rating. Great cartoon! It deserves the front page it received and I hope it stays there for at least a few weeks. Cheers to your circle of talented voice actors and editors! Thanks for sharing this with the world!

Carbonwater responds:

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!
Quality review too, I like it.

Great: The Show episode 4 Great: The Show episode 4

Unlike a previous commenter, I can appreciate the limited animation more. Back when animation was done in a "higher quality", people generally weren't trying to make a living out of it (they were just trying to get noticed)... and writing was generally bad. Now, writing is still generally bad, but you can see an amusing cartoon every week or two and people who craft animations (though more hasted) can at least make a decent living from it through Patreon and similar sites.

This all being said, I've been following Joe for a while and can honestly say, despite his lack of polish, his humor is always top-notch, his flow and timing is nearly flawless, his drawing style is definitely funny on an emotive level, and his stage voice (with the exception of the Bugs cartoon) hasn't ever grating on my nerves.

I wasn't sure I liked Great: the Show at first because it seemed to tangent too far from his previous endeavors... but now I love it because I realize it means I get to experience his sense of humor more frequently. In fact, I've already got a couple "inside jokes" with my wife from clips in this show... especially the "made you think" endings and this video's "Johnny" calls.

And side note: if you can't find his cartoons "Mouse Fan Club" or "Blonic the Hedgehog" amusing, then you should probably steer clear of his future works. If you like this one, go check out his page. He's got a lot posted on the web and it generally gives me a few good laughs per cartoon.

Great work, Joe!

Circus Galop Circus Galop

At first I thought I was a clown with rabies... but then I realized I was allergic to the music and my pants fell down constantly. This epic quest is full of soooo much fun and merriment; a precious gift.

Never apologize for art!

Fathom Fathom

Too short, but very fun regardless. Also, I broke the game by collecting the additional items and jumping over the limits of the map. I fell to infinity.

Alex Alex

I'm rarely a critic on this website, but with this game I've made an exception due to the subject matter. However, it's a serious critique and not intentionally a rude one. I knew the mechanics of the game before I began playing, despite my lack of understanding with ALS. The game is too short and it's message too basic to educate me on the subject. Despite the quazi-interesting initial play controls and art style.

What it indirectly taught me (or seemingly tried to teach me) is that "your life is over once you are diagnosed with ALS. The effects are immediate and your inactivity means that your existence is immediately worthless." I refuse to accept this message as helpful or informative.

For the look and feel, I would have given a 3.5, but the length of the game and the message it unintentionally conveys, I have to reduce the score.